29905560

I am looking for a copy of the last will and testament of my

Customer Question

I am looking for a copy of the last will and testament of my grandmother, where do I obtain it?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Once probate has been granted you are able to obtain a copy of a will as it becomes a public document. A good guide on the process can be found here:

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN03194.pdf

JACUSTOMER-d14j6m84- :

Thats cool but what if i don't know anything other than the date of her death

Ben Jones :

It is unfortunately down to you to provide the necessary information so it may take some investigation on your part, such as contacting living relatives to try and get more detail about her

JACUSTOMER-d14j6m84- :

I know all about her but my father and I have not spoken for years and I don't know where to start

Ben Jones :

that is difficult to advise because each situation will depend on its own circumstances - as you can imagine this would be personal information that you cannot just access somewhere centrally so it will b down to you to make your own investigations to try and find any specific information. If you just have a name, DOB and date of death then that is still something that they can work with

JACUSTOMER-d14j6m84- :

I have all of that information, I was close to her until her death. I don't even know how to find the probate office

Ben Jones :

Did you read the guide I linked to abive?

JACUSTOMER-d14j6m84- :

Yes but none of these is close to where she lived so where do I start the search

Ben Jones :

The York address on the last page - this is the central search facility

Ben Jones :

Did you manage to find it?

Hello, please let me know if I have answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thank you