12826847

I have been engaging with local authority social services for

Customer Question

I have been engaging with local authority social services for the care of my aged aunt. She has 3 carer viists per day and is reasonably well looked after (cleaned, fed, watered as it were). However, her next door neighbour who we used to employ as a carer (informal arrangement but paid every month), has consistently made complaints against myself and family. She complains that we, as a family, have neglected my aunt and has gone as far as doing the following things: - Complained to social services (no problems or censure ensued) - Complained to the office of the public guardian suggesting that my aunts money was being mishandled - Complained to the carers who carry out my aunts care tasks (who have noted these allegations in a 'daily care record'. What I would like to know is whether this behaviour, if corroborated by social services (as my witnesses) would constitute slander that I could take action on ? Thank you Yours sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?