75100385

A car ran a red light and smashed into my car. As there was

A car ran a red light and smashed into my car. As there was no witness he as said I went through on red. Have been to the police, but will not let me know if there are any cameras on the lights or on the junction now I have to pay my excess on my insurance .If you can help I would be very grateful Sharon.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Where was his impact point and where did it hit your car please?
Customer: He hit my car at the front passenger side I was going straight through the lights ,he was at the left side of the junction turning right.
Alex Watts : Ok. Report this to your insurers.
Alex Watts : This will come down as a matter of evdience.
Alex Watts : The insurers can contact the Police ask for cctv
Alex Watts : But speak with your insurers and they can deal with the matter including evidence for you.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: I have spoken to my insurers and they are investigating the accident . Why did they tell me they would'nt be getting in touch with the police.
Alex Watts : I can't say what the insurers will or will not do. but in my view they should ask for cctv
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Customer: Can I go to the police and demand to know if there is any CCTV . What are my rights thank you.
Alex Watts : You can't demand it no. You can make a complaint he ran the red light and they could investigate. But you are not able to demand the CCTV.
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
Customer: Hello Alex , if I make a complaint , do the police have to accept by law and investigate this collision . If not how do I get the police involved.the man involved as caused an accident by reckless driving and could get away with it . What can I do all insurance companies stick together .
Alex Watts :

Do the Police have to investigate - sadly not

Alex Watts :

It is a matter for them whether they decide, you can't make them sadly.

Alex Watts :

The Police could potentially prosecute for careless driving but it is a matter for them

Alex Watts :

Sadly again the insurance companies, it is a matter for them, normally they are commercial decisions

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: Hello if the insurance companies deem the accident 50/50? . I was injured in the accident and about to start physio who pays for this . Is it worth putting a claim in for personal injury thankyou.
Alex Watts : Yes you can try although any damages would be reduced by 50% too
Alex Watts : Does that helps.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: Thankyou very much
Alex Watts : All the best.