UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Dear Sir/Madam I run a motor vehicle garage, Whilst ago a customer

Dear Sir/Madam I run a motor vehicle garage, Whilst ago a customer left his vehicle for an inspection, and the problem was found with the gearbox and he never came back to pick up the vehicle, or pay for the inspection, I then recieved a letter from the lease company stating the vehicle belongs to them and the customer is bankrupt, or the garage will be liable for any losses, can I give the vehicle back to the customer as I do not want to get involved with any issues concerning the customer and the lease company.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If the lease company are able to produce the logbook showing they are the owners, then you should be okay to hand the vehicle back to them and if you have the customer's contact details, you may notify them that the vehicle will be handed over the lease company unless they object within say 2 days.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir if the customer takes the vehicle from the garage, can the lease company take action against the garage.

No as the customer brought the vehicle to the garage and is the registered keeper presumably.