Could i have contracted encephalitis from back surgery

Customer Question

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : When did surgery take place and when did you realise there were problems please?
JACUSTOMER-99d1zrto- :

i had back surgury about 8 weeks before i had my second seizure and woke up in icu,was asked if i had been cut recently or had a fight,i said i had a back op recently and that was the only cut i had had

Alex Watts : Ok, when was that, which year?
Alex Watts : I am in court today so may be on and offline
JACUSTOMER-99d1zrto- :

I realised i had problems the first seizure i had,the i was getting gradually worse,over the coming weeks,slurring speech violent headaches,vomitting,im a bit numb to pain and being poorly i just get on with things,then i stopped driving my car as my head was getting worse and august 10th i had a massive seizure and was in resuss for 25mins,then icu,then 14 days in infectios desease ward

Alex Watts : Yes, what year please?
JACUSTOMER-99d1zrto- :

Alex Watts : What month?
JACUSTOMER-99d1zrto- :

august 10th 2011

Alex Watts : Ok. You have 3 years to bring a claim before it is statute barred.
Alex Watts : But you should know that you are unlikely to get legal aid for this given the government cuts.
Alex Watts : Therefore all you can do is go and see a solicitor and see if they will take it on a no win no fee basis.
Alex Watts : You do need to see an expert to confirm that the treatment you had was wrong and negligent.
Alex Watts : But sadly all you can do is try other solicitors.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but these types of claims are hard to bring and legal aid funding had been cut.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-99d1zrto- :

so are you saying you cannot help me fight my case,i thought i was paying 33 pound to get help from a solicitor

Alex Watts : I see. This is a question and answer site only. We can not act for you as it is against site rules.
Alex Watts : We can only tell you what to do.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if you have misunderstood.
Alex Watts : Can I help with anything else?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: