Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I live in a property that is owned by a trust, and can live

Customer Question

I live in a property that is owned by a trust, and can live in the property until my death, it was bought for me to live in with my children as part of a divorce settlement, it will never belong to me and the there are several trustees one of which is my X father-in-law. The trust is ment to maintain the property but I continually struggle to get things done as far as maintaining it, they are responsible for maintaining utilities and I gave had to pay for alit of work to be done on the plumbing what are my legal rights about getting my money back from maintenance bills that they should have paid? I had to put a new hot water system in and have had to have the downstairs loo taken out because of ongoing problems and they refuse to pay me for emergency work that needed to be carried out. Kind regards Rachel
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Who are the trustees of the trust please?

Joshua :

from what you say, there will be a formal trust deed which provides that the trustees are responsible for maintenance of the property. to I also understand that the trustees are responsible for paying for utilities - i.e. energy use etc - at the property as well? DO you ahve a copy of this trust deed?