31090051

If my wife signs a letter with a statement saying that she

If my wife signs a letter with a statement saying that she has no claim to my house would this be legal and would a solicitor refuse to produce such a document?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

This would not be sufficient under Scots law. A formal Minute of a agreement dips needed properly drafted and both parties have to take legal advice from their own solicitors. If this doesn't happen then your wife could argue in the further that she didn't have the benefit of legal advice and that she didn't understand exactly what she was signing.

This happens a lot so it's best to get this done properly for your own protection.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.