12826847

Hi i have had a caravan for the last 7 years bought new with

Hi i have had a caravan for the last 7 years bought new with the amount of rain we have had the rain has got into the bedroom we have been told its a manufacturing defect could you please tell how to go about things many thanks XXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

seeing this is said to be a manufacturing defect is the caravan maker ABI responsable to pay or not

It does not matter whether it is a manufacturing defect or not. It is the seller that is liable under the Sale of Goods Act.

However, the liability under the Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations put a time limit on manufacturing defects of six years so after seven years, you are unfortunately out of time to bring a claim under those regulations