75100385

I have an enforcement notice on a piece of land that I own.

I have an enforcement notice on a piece of land that I own. I was told to clear the land of a shed and table and chairs. I didn't do this within the time frame and so the council are now taking me to Magistrate's Court. The land is now clear and I have complied with all the requirements of the enforcement notice. What will happen when I go to Court?

Paula

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Did you not ask the council for an extension? How many weeks after was it cleared please?
Customer: The land was cleared 5 months later, after the court summons. The hearing is on the 11/03/14.
Alex Watts :

You will have to plead guilty because you took so long

Alex Watts :

The fact it was only done after Court proceedings clearly does not help you.

Alex Watts :

But you will be liable for a financial penalty, nothing more

Alex Watts :

You will be liable for a fine plus the Council's costs of bringing the action against you

Alex Watts :

Customer: Can I plead guilty by letter and not attend court?
Alex Watts :

Only if you are offered that option.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer: Yes, thank you.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today please?