75100385

My account in Nat west Jersey frozen. they are not telling

My account in Nat west Jersey frozen. they are not telling me why it is frozen. I do not know what to do next
surendra

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you made any usual transactions to what you would normally make please?

Customer:

yes. i have written many letters complainig against the blockade of my account. stil no answer. i have also told them i will go to ombudsman

Customer:

this blockade is since lat April but i only realised when my cheque was bounced in December 2013

Alex Watts :

So you have made transactions that are outside your normal conduct of the account?

Customer:

I do not know. this is a jersey Nat west account opened in 1989. i dont use this account that frequent

Alex Watts :

And how much did you deposit in that account this time?

Customer:

I had not deposited anything. the last deposit made on that account was in 2010 when I sold my flat in London for £ 640.000. Some amount was deposited through my solicitor . . Again that amount was withdrawn to may be £250,000 + do not know exactly. Again same amount was withdrawn to buy a post office in Kent as deposit and £200,000 took loan from Lloyds bank for completion.

Alex Watts :

What you need to do is formally write and complaint. They will investigate the matter.

Alex Watts :

They will investigate and then provide a final response.

Alex Watts :

If you are not happy then you can go to the Financial Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They regulate banks and can consider your complaint

Alex Watts :

They offer a free service and can be found at:

Alex Watts :

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Alex Watts :

These are the steps you can follow but you can't go to the Ombudsman until you have written to the bank and got a formal final response.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Yes please.

Alex Watts :

Yes what in particular?

Customer:

I completed part of personal review. But when they started asking about the post office & store business account. I told them this is not relevant as it falls oitside of the fund you hold. This account has already submitted to the HMRC uk. It is for HMRC to enquire if it feels necessary not your Bank.and demanded final response. Bank not rsponded for more than 4weeks.

Alex Watts :

The bank are entitled to ask about any and all matters related to the account, whether or not you consider them relevant. They also need to be satisfied as to the source of funds as per money laundering regulations.

Alex Watts :

So yes they are entitled to ask.

Alex Watts :

But if they have not given a final response you can go direct to the Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer:

Bank should tell me atleast what they are trying to investigate and how long the blockade will continue

Alex Watts :

Yes you would have thought so

Alex Watts :

Does this help?

Customer:

Would you advise me to continue with the review and send the accounts or go to ombudsman saying Bank has not given me the final response even after 6 wks.

Alex Watts :

Yes go to the Ombudsman.

Alex Watts :

They should have given you a response already.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

I still do not understand the end result meaning if ombudsman could not resolve the what happens to my hard erned money.

Alex Watts :

Then you would have to sue.

Alex Watts :

But you would have to sue in Jersey. As an English Solicitor I can not advise on that legal process

Customer:

Thank you. I will comback to you aftr 10am

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

Alex Watts :

All the best

Customer:

I have not finished. I will comeback to you in morning

Alex Watts :

OK - I may not be around until after lunch

Customer:

Thank you. That suits me fine

Alex Watts : Ok
Customer:

Sorry Alex

Customer:

I will have to come back to

Customer:

You later as iam stuck atwork.

Customer:

Hello Alex.

Customer:

What my question is though I have done no wrong in any money transaction the Bankssince given so much immunity for thir actions I wonder whether they act fairly and resolve the situation impartially.

Customer:

What will happen to such cases at the end. Couurt will cost lot of money andthe time. Is there any quick solution.

Alex Watts :

That is why you can go to the Ombudsman. They are a step after a complaint and before Court.

Alex Watts :

They are free, although a little slow.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

I do know how the Ombudsman work. Jersey I was told not big enough to have a Ombudsman services instead has a commission.

Alex Watts :

The Director General
Financial Services Commission
PO Box 267
14-18 Castle Street
St. Helier
JE4 8TP

Customer:

I rather answer the commission than Bank if they trat the case fairelyand will not affend the Bank which inturn may harm my interest. I am sorry I am totally new to this money laundering and suspicious activities& frozen accounts. Pl advise.

Alex Watts :

You have 2 choices:

Alex Watts :

1) get a court order, which you dont want to do

Alex Watts :

2) go to the Ombudsman (commissioner) and make a complaint

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify matters?

Customer:

Ok thank you

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today please?

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience