Dear Sirs I bought a house from my deceased brothers estate

Customer Question

Dear Sirs

I bought a house from my deceased brother's estate in about August 2011 jointly with my father with a buy to let mortgage.
I subsequently gave up my flat at the time and moved into the property myself with the intention of fixing it up and selling it or renting it out, but unfortunately I did not move out and two and a half years later I am still living there.

I have been paying the mortgage without default all this time but now I have had to resign from work, have no income and intend to move back into father's house so we have decided to sell this buy to let property immediately.

It is currently on the market but I am concerned about what the current mortgage lender will say when they find out I have been living here and what address to give to the solicitor who will be employe to selll the house for us. Should I give the address of the BTL property I am living in or my father's house where I will be moving to as soon as it is sold?

the BLT house in London and my father's house in the Birmingham so I need to be here to oversee the sale.

Please advise.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.

The existing lender will have no issue with this at all provided that the mortgage is repaid in full when the property is eventually sold.

Happy to discuss further but you should not be worrying about this.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply

I will be expected to provide proof of my residential address to the solicitor who will be handling the sale of the house, and also to the conveyancing company and estate agent. I have plenty of proof that I am resident in the Buy To Let property but I have nothing registered at my father's home as I am not living there as yet. I was wondering if I should change my resident status to reflect my father's address in anticipation of my imminent relocation, or will I be solely expected to provide proof of my residency at the BTL property, as that is where I live in actual fact.

Do I need to inform my mortgage lender that I am living at the BTL property or is this uncecessary as they are not going to check now presumably and will just be satisfied to have their mortgage repaid?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No the solicitor etc need proof of identity and residence to comply with money laundering regulations and the mortgage company don't care where you stay as the house is being sold.