tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

There is this guy from my past who is now involved with my

Customer Question

There is this guy from my past who is now involved with my sister, he is telling her some awful lies about me and now my whole family are finding out and they believe him, he has told them that I accused him of rape and tried to get his friends to have a go at him, when I have never accused anyone of rape because I have never been raped. Please can u give me some advice what can do about this
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name is Tony, I can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Do you know why he is doing this?

JACUSTOMER-xy8vguki- : I don't know why he Is saying this because I haven't spoken to him or his friends for 5 years all I know is I have never said this and now my sister is having a go at me and my mother is even questioning me
tdlawyer :

Okay. Then you could point out to him that these lies are causing you harassment and that if he continues, then you will report it to the police. This is a criminal offence and they can take it seriously. I know this isn't ideal, in the circumstances, but equally neither is telling such lies about you, which are very serious and cast your character into doubt.

tdlawyer :

Additionally, you could point out to him that this is defamation.

tdlawyer :

You could, therefore, sue him in the Courts for defamation if you wanted to. If you succeed, that would be a court recognition that you were in the right and that he was not telling the truth.

JACUSTOMER-xy8vguki- : Ok thank you I will try this.
tdlawyer :

You're welcome. Is there anything else you would like me to answer for you?

JACUSTOMER-xy8vguki- : That's all I needed to know thanks.
tdlawyer :

Are you happy with the service given today?