tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Have taken next door to court and he admitted part fault, which

Have taken next door to court and he admitted part fault, which I do not agree with so how ndo I complete form N225A
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Which part of the form are you unsure about please?

Customer:

I have ticked section A

Customer:

Section D is about the Judgement, does the judgement happen when I send in form?

Customer:

When returning the N255A to court do I send in all my evidence at that time and do I give the defendant all my evidence as well

tdlawyer :

If you tick box A, then box D does not apply.

tdlawyer :

The matter will proceed as a normal defended claim for the Court to decide.

tdlawyer :

You only use box D if you get judgment by accepting the part admission.

tdlawyer :

It mentions this in the top part of the form, in the notes section.

Customer:

So do I then send all my evidence to court with N355A as well as send my evidence to defendant

tdlawyer :

No, you don't send evidence yet. You have to wait for the court to give you directions. It will tell you what you need to do and when you need to do it by. For now, you simply return this form and await the Court's next order.

Customer:

Ok great.

Customer:

One more thing he has accused my of fraud within his evidence, this has come as a result of me being prosecuted for not informing DWP that I wanted to do some paid work

Customer:

It transpires that the letter I did send to them informing them that I wanted to paid work got burnt when a mail box set alight by idiots but that only came to light after I was prosecuted, Is he alloed to say that in his evidence

tdlawyer :

He can say whatever he likes in his evidence really. You can't stop him from citing these things.

tdlawyer :

You just put your version to the court and let it determine whether it's relevant.

Customer:

Some background to this case. He had a dead tree in his garden which was blown over onto our property breaking a small garden box and breaking our fence this has arisen from the broken box he says that I broke it intensionally etc etc

tdlawyer :

I see. Well, the problem is in civil proceedings, you can say pretty much anything in your evidence. The judge will just decide on the day whether he thinks it relevant or not.

Customer:

Ok Thanks for your help