75100385

I needed my roof recovered this being a flat roof to my house

Customer Question

I needed my roof recovered this being a flat roof to my house I paid the company the money for the job to be done this was completed except for the front facia which was only half done he aiso said the fiashing around the chimney needed a extra layer to be safe of any leaks this I agreed to pay an extra 170 pounds which I gave to him that was over a week ago I have tired to ring him but all I get is this phone is blocked I have his address but I would like to know where I stand legally or what I have to say to get this work completed

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You need to get a number of quotes for getting the work done - then select the cheapest, this is your loss.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the work or provide you with the sum quoted by others within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :