75100385

I have a CCJ judgement on a tenant for 5000.00 and he refuses

Customer Question

I have a CCJ judgement on a tenant for 5000.00 and he refuses to pay I do not have his forwarding address but the he his mail direverted .
He has a static holiday caravan in his name can I put a legal charge on it

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Does he own the actual land surrounding it please? Does he work?

JACUSTOMER-ggylnm1r- : No it is on a caravan site in Chichester he is self employed property developer
Alex Watts :

Its bad news then, normally caravans are leased on the ground. Therefore you can't get a charge, because you can only get a charge on land, not on the item (or property) built upon it

Alex Watts :

You can send in the bailiffs, get a charge on his bank account or an order to obtain information

Alex Watts :

But sadly you can't get a charge on the caravan.

Alex Watts :

The bailiffs can seize it of course.

Alex Watts :

I would recommend you transfer it to the High Court at a cost of £60 and send in High Court enforcement officers to seize.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please/

JACUSTOMER-ggylnm1r- : I have spoken to high court enforcement officers they seem un willing to do this can you recommend one in the Chichester area please
Alex Watts :

http://www.marstongroup.co.uk/

Alex Watts :

http://www.juliousbailiffs.co.uk/

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-ggylnm1r- : Yes thank you
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/