UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Please help me check this letter below: Written Warning

Customer Question

Please help me check this letter below:

Written Warning for author right misconduct and future behavior *

Name
Address

3 March 2014

Dear name,

Following the copyright misconduct conversation on 27 February 2014 that you have took photo on my manual script of the poetry and drawing book “a Back day” without my permission on January 2014.

I write to confirm the decision to issue a written warning to you. I vigorously investigate allegations of your misconduct, and I reserve the right to contact authors' institutions, funders, or regulatory bodies if needed. This will remain valid for the purposes of any further disciplinary action in future, both before and after publication of this book.

At the messenger conversation you said /stated/agreed that you have took copies for my script. And you said that you have deleted and have not send to anyone else.

After careful consideration I find your explanation unacceptable due to you have made copies without my permission, which also allow you send them to others via phone messenger as an image. Should there be any repetition or further misconduct in general, (including sending these copies to a third reader before the publication, publishing them using your or other’s name within any languages and locations, and spreading malicious both before and after publication to the book and author), further disciplinary action may be taken against you.

You have the right to appeal against this written warning, should you wish to do so please write to (my name and address) by 8 March 2014 stating your reasons.

Yours sincerely

my name
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Lucy,

When was your work created?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

started 2013, ended on January 2014.

The letter looks generally fine, but you should include a paragraph at the beginning of the letter along the following lines:

I own copyright in my work pursuant to the provisions of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 and it is an offence under this law to copy my work or to rent, lend or distribute copies of my work to the public, or to perform or show my work in public or to adapt my work without my prior approval.

Hope this helps