DEar Sir/ Madam, i experiences racism

DEar Sir/ Madam, i experiences racism and violation of my human rights from HSBC bank in the UK. I went to HSBC in Luton (head offeice there) and asked if i can get an appointment to apply for simple bank account. Lady checked my documents: tenancy contract, contract employment, previous bank account with HSBC in Dubai, spouse visa in the UK. She said that stamp on tenancy contract from Harpenten and i have to go to branch over there, they cant accept all documents in Luton with tenancy agreement for apartments in Luton but registered in Harpenten. I called to HSBC abd requested appointment in Harpenten. In Harpenten office they requested: 1. original tenancy contract (from agrency in Harpenten, i had to go there to get it) 2. Letter from the employer that i am actually working there 3. Original of my contract/job offer 3. My predious account details in Dubai from HSBC 4. Copy of my husbands credit card under my name 5. Exact amount of my savings 6. Copy of my debit card in Lloyds bank 7. Marriage certificate 8.Address in Russia 9. Copy of my debit card in russian bank Total timing for around 90 minuts of that interview. I applyed for basic bank account, but they suggested to apply for regular (with no credit card, i confirmed that i dont need one if they cant issue one). After 2 weeks waiting i emailed them and asked them about status of my application. I have been told that i didnt provide enough evidences and they need more information: 1. Details of my property in Russia (cost and etc.) 2. Statement for last 3 month in Lloyds bank 3. first contract of employment in Russia 4.Statents from bank account in citibank 5.balance of my loan in Russia (i said on interview that i have tenant in Russian apartment and going to transfer every month money to Russia) 6. Statements fro any other banks as well. Asa result i got extremly upset and asked them to cancel my applicatiom. I provided enough evidences for them to open somple bank account. My husband has account with them for over 20 years now, i have shared credit card with HSBC (from my husband) and they still wasnt happy to poen debit bank account and event didnt bothered to inform me anout it. Please help me to act on it, i feel stresses and offended. I am consultant cardiologist, have high salary simply wanted just debit bank account. Dr Larisa XXXXXXX (XXXXXXX)

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What action are you hoping to take over this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like: get compensation , if i am eligible for it as much as i can

2., to admit them what they have done ( i took time off to run around to produce original of my documents) and a lot of stress

3. to correct they way how they are checking applicants and follow rules

4. to be punished by authorities (trading standards maybe and all other who could be involved)

5. to pay off my expenses on solisitors

I'm sorry if I'm missing the point but on what basis?

What financial loss have you suffered?

Also, why shouldnt they ask for this information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i was expecting you to give me the answer if i am eligible for it, not the other way around.

in my opinion, amount of stress and time loss what they put me trough deserve to be compensated, but its just my opinion.

if i would be British they require on their website proof of address and proof of identity no more

i provided them more then enough documents

have been their customer in Dubai for 9 month

i personally believe they requested all additional details only because i am Russian. Law says:

Someone providing goods, facilities or services must not:

refuse to provide you with goods, facilities or services because of your race provide any of these things on less favorable terms or conditions because of your race.

What about trading standards, can they take HSBC to court?

I'm really sorry and I wish I could give you a different answer but you have no case.

A bank, and indeed any other entity, cannot be forced to contract with you. If they want to loose business by demanding more information that they really need then they are free to do it.

They haven't refused to provide services because of race. They haven't refused to provide services at all. They have just asked for more security information which is reasonable.

In any event, you have suffered no financial loss so there is no claim.

I suppose you could complain to the Financial Services Authority and the bank may offer something in the interests of good business but its unlikely.

Trading standards will not be interested.

If you went to court you would lose and have to pay their costs unless, of course, they settle to avoid the manpower of litigation.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for reply, Jo.

I asked if i am eligible for compensation and your answer is clear, its no.

I am sorry that i have no opportunity to complain on them to authorities and HSBC can do anything they like.

I never heard that someone could be so stupid to decline application because of race officiallyLaughing

I am sorry that time loss and stress is not important nut this is reality in the Uk, looks like.

Thanks for your time and efforts anyway.