12826847

I have pleaded not guilty to theft in magistrates court and

Customer Question

I have pleaded not guilty to theft in magistrates court and have a date for a directions hearing. However I have received a letter saying I must go to interview for pre sentence report. Is this not going against innocence before proven guilty

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Who is the letter from?

Whats the date of the direcitons hearing? do you mean a pre trial review?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Leicestershire probation services . First crown court appearance to plead not guilty on 17 march

Do you have any other cases before hte ocurt?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I do not have any sort of criminal record

That is either a mistake or you have been convicted in absence.

You cannot be asked to attend for a PSR unless you've been convicted, It can't be done any other way.

It could be an accident. That would make sense. If you had been convicted in absence then they would normally just issue a warrant for your arrest rather than ask you to attend probation.

If you have been convicted in absence then obviously that shouldn't have happened but you can ask the court to reopen the case.

You need to get to the bottom of whether this is an error. If this isa letter from probation then normally there would be a phone number upon it.

Also though, call the court and check with them that this is stil a live case whatever answer you get from probation.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you jo it was the answer I was expecting.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi jo.

I can not go into details but unfortunately with events which have happened in family courts and exs means and contacts I fear there may corruption involved. I know it sounds far fetched but the evidence is pointing that way. I never thought I would be saying that about the British justice system.

This wont be caused by corruption.

There are problems with magistrates courts but they don't enter pleas not supported by a defendant.