UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I HAVE BEEN IN UK FOR TEN YEARS-----WITHIN THE VALIDITY OF

I HAVE BEEN IN UK FOR TEN YEARS-----WITHIN THE VALIDITY OF MY VISA BETWEEN APRIL 2010-MAY 2011 -I WAS REFUSED VARIATION TO LEAVE TO REMAIN ON 20 APRIL2011 ----I HAVE RENEW MY VISA SINCE----
DOES THE REFUSAL CONSTITUTE A BREAK IN CONTINUITY?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Why were you refused and how did you renew your visa after the refusal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Basically i have been on a dependant visa since i married my wife in 2008 -------from 2004 to 2007 i was here on a student Visa
The refusal was the result of my spouse unsucessful attempt to apply for 10year residence leave to remain
like l said the refusal on 20 April 2011 was sandwiched between a valid student visa from 27 April 2010 to 28May 2011
---so we continued to extend our visa as Student Applicant/Spouse
When was the new application for student/spouse lodged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the application for extension was done in time on 25 may 2011--Home
office grants extension to April 2012 and subsequent extension to March 2014----accompanying the refusal on April 2011 was the acknoledgement that validity of our visa then does not subject us toany deportation or appeal
So---is there any technicality that i dont know of that compromises with the 10years of my legal continous stay here

In that case, the news is good, the refusal is not a break in continuity and 10 years lawful residence has been built up from what you say.

All the best