12826847

I have a serious issue with my ex keep makeing annonamous referrals

I have a serious issue with my ex keep makeing annonamous referrals to social services an them keep opening a case an keep closing it again I've done various courses through women's aid had to love house change my whole life style around because of my ex he since has met someone new an had a child with her I'm now currently in a new relationship an am currently pregnant my ex has turned up at my house an does not like the fact I've moved on an he can no longer control me or have a say in my life the only way he can do that now is by calling social services on me so I have to follow orders as I did with him I would like for every time a referral gets made to social that they have to specifically ask for return contact details an a national insurance number so they know that the call is legitamet as it keeps being repeated an I'm tired of them in an out of my family life I understand everyone has the right to remain annonamous but surely not if it is causing someone else unnesasary hassle social services close the case because ther is no problems but yet every call they get they're on my doorstep like the post surely I have the right to live peacefully an finally break this last connection to stop my ex haveing a say over my life ???

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here.

Anonymous reporting is anonymous reporting. There is no way of forcing an identity from the caller as that would undermine the whole issue of annoymous reporting.

Apart from anyhing else, if the report is anonymous then it cannot be proven that it was him anyway.

There has been some case law that has suggested that making continual allegations can amount to harassment but you need to prove that he is the caller first which is impossible with anonymous reporting and then prove that they were false which is difficult.

On your specific point though, social services cannot be made to take identities from anonymous reporters as that would undermine the whole issue.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.