How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was employed by XXXXXXXXX and XXXXXX XXXXX in 1993...

Customer Question

I was employed by XXXXXXXXX and Thomas XXXXX in 1993. I was a nanny for their daughter XXXX. During my time both at X, XXXX XXXXXX and XX XX XXXX XXXXX was sexually assulted by Thomas XXXXX on several occasions. I know I have information that only people close to him would have. Can i pursue a claim from this man. Almost 20 years later I am still suffering mental health issues due to his bullying and sexually aggressive behaviour. I would be grateful for a prompt response, what this man did was appaling. he believed he had the right to do whatever he wanted to to any female. I am still suffering today. Please help me, or point me int the right direction. you may contact me [email protected] I really look forward to hearing your advice. Yours faithfully Sheila XXXXXX ( Ms.)

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

You may be able to report this matter to the Police but if they consider it to be a common assault you would be out of time because a Police action has to be started within 6 months.

Alex Watts :

If it is more serious then it is possible, although not guaranteed they could investigate and prosecute.

Alex Watts :

As for any personal injury claim you are sadly out of time.

Alex Watts :

Under the Limitation Act 1980 you have 3 years to bring a claim.

Alex Watts :

As this happened 20 years ago you are 17 years out of time.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry Shelia if this is not the answer you are looking for and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

JACUSTOMER-w110swea- :

so you charged me all that money for 6 lines. I was under the impression you could help. You should not have charged me for this information, as it would be something any paralegal would know off the top of their head. I think you should refund the money you charged.

Alex Watts : This site is a question and answer site.
Alex Watts : we can not do work for you,
Alex Watts : please see the disclaimer to the right which states that this is not meant to establish a client relationship.
Alex Watts : We can not act for you, this is against site rules.
Alex Watts : i can only tell you what the legal position is.
Alex Watts : Even if you go and see a high street Solicitor they will tell you the same thing.
Alex Watts : So I have saved you about £150 for a Solicitor to see you and tell you the same.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you further a.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Related Law Questions