75100385

I was thinking to have a rear extension done in September 2013

Customer Question

I was thinking to have a rear extension done in September 2013 and had asked the company (who did the planning permision for us) to apply the building regulation on our behalf and paid them £1500 but they did not do it and i went to the council to apply myself with my builder's help and paid £561.60.
The question is "can i ask them for a refund?",
I am a foreigner and don't known anyone can fight the case, what should i do?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How did you pay the co
Alex Watts : How did you pay the company please?
JACUSTOMER-q5zijyg6- :

Hello Mr Watts

Alex Watts :

Its Miss Watts :)

JACUSTOMER-q5zijyg6- :

My name is Hang,

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

How did you pay the Company please?

JACUSTOMER-q5zijyg6- :

I had paid the company by the debit card

Alex Watts :

Ok - if they did not do the work contracted to do then you are entitled to a refund

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. As the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-q5zijyg6- :

I am scared because they are a big company and i am just a foreigner who paid someone to do the job but they didn't, i thought the big company will be better than, it is not fair at all

Alex Watts :

Don't worry, if they did not do the work they were meant to, you can claim that cost back.

Alex Watts :

That is what the small claims procedure is for.

JACUSTOMER-q5zijyg6- :

I try, Thanks miss Watts

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

JACUSTOMER-q5zijyg6- :

Hi Miss Watts;

Alex Watts : Hello.
Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this please?