75100385

Ive just asked Sky (BSkyB) to terminate my UK contract and

I've just asked Sky (BSkyB) to terminate my UK contract and mentioned I'd been using the service in Europe. They say they'll contact their fraud department. As I've paid for the service, what redress do they have in law?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do their terms and conditions allow them to end the agreement please?

Alex Watts :

How have you used it in Europe please, on what basis?

Customer: I bought the SKY box in the UK and have been using it in Spain for 10 years for the private use of my wife and me. I have paid SKY the full package rate as updated regularly by them. They say that is fraudulent to use the box outside of the UK.
Alex Watts :

Did you tell them beforehand that you were going to use it in Spain?

Customer: No
Alex Watts :

Have you checked their terms and conditions to see if you are in breach?

Customer: It is against their conditions of use for the viewing card
Alex Watts :

I see.

Alex Watts :

Even if it is passed to their fraud department there has been no fraud.

Alex Watts :

You have used it and only you I assume

Alex Watts :

Therefore if you used it when you were away it may be against their terms and conditions but its not fraud

Alex Watts :

You therefore should not be concerned.

Customer: Yes, that's correct
Alex Watts :

Customer: No, that's fine and many thanks for your help
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/