12826847

I lost my partner to a sudden death

Customer Question

I lost my partner to a sudden death..he worked for the NHS,had a pension with them but when I enquired about it was told they didn't recognize common law wives..i'd been with him for 13yrs

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your partner. Were you married to him?

What is your query please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I wasn't married to him, but had been together for 13yrs..he hada pension with the NHS....when I enquired about it was told NHS do not recognise common law wives

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've already told you

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I assist you with the above please?

May I ask if you have asked the pension trustees whether your partner completed a nomination form of any kinf in respect of the pension proceeds on his passing in respect of any lump sum benefit payable on his passing?