75100385

My address is being used as a bail address for my partners

My address is being used as a bail address for my partner's cousin, and he is also tagged. What we thought was going to be just a two week period has now gone on for 3 months and now it appears he will be staying for a further 3 months. As the house is owned by me, do I have any chance of claiming expenses against the court? or indeed does my partner's cousin have any human rights in relation to being on curfew 200 miles away from his home and family? The barrister seems to think that its ludicrous that he is so far away and yet still tagged with a curfew of 7.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m, they have no evidence to support the accusation, he is registered disabled and had a carer in his own home in Liverpool, what are his rights?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I assume either you or your partner agreed for the address to be used?

Customer:

Yes we did but thought it would only be a couple of weeks because my partner's cousin really is innocent and at the time there were no charges against him.

Alex Watts :

Ok - firstly you can't claim anything from the Court. You offer the address and no costs can be claimed.

Alex Watts :

However you can tell the Cousin that he can only use the address until x date.

Alex Watts :

Or you can say you are no longer welcome.

Alex Watts :

The Solicitor would then have to apply to the Court to make an application to vary bail

Alex Watts :

The cousin would then have to find somewhere else to live

Alex Watts :

So you do not have to put up with it, you can say enough is enough and the cousin has to make attempts to get somewhere else and vary the bail address

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/