75100385

I adopted 2 dogs from Romania, through a rehoming charity.

I adopted 2 dogs from Romania, through a rehoming charity. In the paperwork, the animals remain the property of the charity. They have removed te dogs and rehomed them, although it is over a personal disagreement between myself and the charity organiser. Do we have grounds to reclaim the dogs back??

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is the charity based in the UK please?

Customer:

Yes it is and called Romanian Woofers Need You.

Alex Watts :

I just needed to check as I am a UK Solicitor.

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid.

Alex Watts :

If you agreed to their terms and conditions or a contract then both you and them are bound by it

Alex Watts :

If the contract states that the dogs belong to them then sadly they never belong to you and they can rehouse them

Customer:

I have agreed to the contract, they have not.

Alex Watts :

So if that is the case why did you let them take the dogs?

Customer:

I was upset at the time

Alex Watts :

If you have let them have the dogs then sadly there is nothing you can do at this late stage

Customer:

Ok thank you

Alex Watts :

If you had refused entry then they would have needed to get a Court Order for the return of the dogs.

Alex Watts :

But sadly as you have allowed them to remove, it is closing the stable door once the horse has bolted.

Customer:

That is still usefull thank you

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honestr

Alex Watts :

Customer:

That is all I needed to know thank you