12826847

My husbands step father died 8 months ago and I am the executor

Customer Question

My husbands step father died 8 months ago and I am the executor to his will . I was issued grant of probate and am currently in the process of dealing with the estate. The monetary side has been dealt with and the property is currently for sale . The will was held with a solicitor and was very straight forward. The estate was to be divided equally between my husband and his sister and should either be deceased their share to pass to their spouse. On Saturday my husband received a letter from a man claiming to be a biological son of his step father. This has come completely out of the blue and we are in desperate need of advice please.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Does the will say that it was divided between step children or does it name your husband and your sister-in-law specifically?

What proof has the claimant put forward that he is the son of your husband's stepfather?