31090051

I live in a semi-detached house in Glasgow with an extension

I live in a semi-detached house in Glasgow with an extension which is up to the boundary between the two properties. The brick wall of the extension which faces my neighbor has been painted without our permission or knowledge and the house has been put up for sale. By painting our wall it gives the impression that the wall is part of their property which it is not. I am not able to speak with them as they are now living abroad but have made the estate agent aware of the situation but nothing from them.

Where do I stand?

Elizabeth Diggins
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Assuming the wall is not over the boundary so as to form a common wall, then the wall should not have been touched without your consent.

However it should be apparent from the title deeds that the wall doesn't form part of their property, assuming again that the wall doesn't touch the boundary.

The wall of course is more than a wall, it is part of your building, so common sense would dictate that it can't form part of anything else.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.