31090051

I took out a loan for a friend needless to say he is denying

I took out a loan for a friend needless to say he is denying all knowledge of the loan. It's just under £3,000. I do how ever have some text messages referring to the loan payments and the excuses. Will this count as proof and is it possible to arrest wages and take into a small claims court. Also they are claiming I have have mental health issues (which is untrue and I can prove this) can I do anything about this comment as it is in writing. Thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The test messages will count as evidence. Make sure you get these printed out and copied as evidence. You don't say what the defence is to the loan but under Scots law there is a presumption that monies paid are a loan rather than a gift.

The mental health allegations are irrelevant and won't impress the court.

You can take this to the small claim court and if you are successful and get a decree you can instruct sheriff officer to arrest wages, bank accounts etc.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.