13262538

Some years ago my two brothers and I inherited our mothers

Customer Question

Some years ago my two brothers and I inherited our mothers house and now we are in the process of selling it. One of my brothers holds the deeds but we never got around to changing the name of ownership of the property. Will we have to do that first or can we sort that out at the time we sell. We have a first time buyer that is offering the asking price so it wouldn't take long to complete.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

Are the deeds only in your brothers name?

Is the property registered?

AJ
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
Assuming that you have indeed obtained Probate of the Estate then the house can be sold by the Executors as Executors rather than the beneficiaries
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you this is useful... I actually dealt with my mothers will and dividing of the estate/ sorting probate etc. but because my younger brother was living in the house at the time we didn't sell the house at that time.

We have the Deeds and land registery certificate letters of probate and death certificate.

When we actually sign over the property to the buyer through our chosen local solicitor, will all 3 of us need to be there to sign. My older brother works away a lot and I work shifts so it will be difficult for us to get together.

Is there anything that I will specifically need to take to the solicitor to reduce the appiontments and solicitor's time in dealing with this sale.

Thank you for your time... this is such a convienient way to get specialist advice.

Who is named as Executor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am. But I don't seem to have any official document stating that. Thanks

The Grant Of Probate is the evidence of that - so you need to take that. the deeds and evidence of the ID of yourself and your brother
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for you advice / help

You are most welcome I hope all goes well