75100385

We lost our much loved family dog of ten years,a couple of

We lost our much loved family dog of ten years,a couple of weeks ago ,and decided we would tell our son when we next saw him of the sad news rather than over the phone knowing how up set he would be.
My son had reason to go to our vets the next day with his own dog and was greeted with,"" have you heard what has happened to your Mum""to which my son replyed ""what has happened to my Mum,the answer came back ""her dog died yesterday"I feel sure this can not be right,and has coursed my family a lot of upset and stress.i have emailed the Vets twice and written a letter complaining about this,but recieived no reply,is there any more I can do about this matter.
Yours sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Firstly I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
Alex Watts : What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: Not sure what we can achieve,but a apology would be nice, and sum sort of compensation for misconduct for the stress and traumai
Customer: Not sure what we can achieve,but a apology would be nice, and sum sort of compensation for misconduct for the stress and traumai
Customer: Not sure what we can achieve,but a apology would be nice, and sum sort of compensation for misconduct for the stress and trauma
Customer: Not sure what we can achieve,but a apology would be nice, and sum sort of compensation for misconduct for the stress and traumaIt coursed our family.
Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : They vet got it wrong in terms if when your beloved dog died - is that right?
Alex Watts : Have you been to the DR about the stress please?
Customer: The receptionist should not have disclosed information to my son this was a breach of confidentiality and coursed both him and I stress and upset no I have not been to my DR
Alex Watts : How much are you looking to claim?
Customer: I have no idea,what would be your suggestion
Alex Watts : Any claim would be limited in my view to £100. This is because you did not go to the GP so therefore there is no evidence from any independent person about the distress caused.
Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?