Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

i am having to defend a claim from a ppi reclaim company who

Customer Question

i am having to defend a claim from a ppi reclaim company who sent me documents to sign to retrieve a ppi refund that had already been cancelled with rebate applied to loan months prior.

wouldn't the contract be void since there was no ppi to reclaim?

and how do i state this as a reason for an appeal for a lower court decision that granted their costs after the previous judgement had been set asside for misrep
and the ppi reclaim company has used another companies data without proof they have permission to do so
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Can you clarify that they initially obtained a judgement in the county court which was set aside please? Presumably this was a default judgement?

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

yes the judgement for the claimants (the ppi reclaim company) was set asside, but when they requested another hearing that judgement was changed.

Joshua :

Thanks. Can we look at the specifics. Was the original judgement a default judgement which you applied to have set aside resetting the claim upon which a hearing was held and judgment given against you. Is this what happened please?

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

but the ppi reclaim company are useing documents belonging to another ppi reclaim company not theirs and that company could potentially have a claim for the same thing since the first ppi reclaim company bringing thee claim has not proven where they obtain the information theey are using.

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

yes

Joshua :

Thanks. When was judgement given against you the second time in the full hearing I refer to above?

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

the set asside was in my favour the last judgement was not

Joshua :

Thanks - I am clear on that point. Could you tell me the date the judgment that went against you was made and whether you asked the judge at the time of the hearing fro permission to appeal please?

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

did not know i could request this at that time was not advised of this

Joshua :

No problem and the date the judgement was given? When was this please? Finally the amount that has been ordered you pay - how much is this please?

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

if its ok can i continue later at about 5.30 about please?

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

i have run out of time

Joshua :

Certainly. I will not be available at that time as I have to drive to an appointment. I should be around after 7.30pm if we could resume then? If you could let me know the date the judgement was given? When was this please? Finally the amount that has been ordered you pay - how much is this please? That is all I should need to give you a detailed response.

JACUSTOMER-8shd5q30- :

yes will try 7.30 thank you will try to have info by then

Joshua :

Thanks. I will be around for a couple of hours after 7.30 so don't fell you have to rush to the computer at exactly that time.

Joshua :

Speak later.

Customer :

I have been asked to rate you but I have not had your response, there should be enough information that I have provided for the detailed response required.

Customer :

Hi Joshua,

Customer :

I could get back on yesterday I hope you are able to provide a response today.

Joshua :

Hello - thanks for coming back. Looking at the above, I believe I had been waiting to hear back from you on a couple of points before I can provide a full response. Just to remind you these were:

1. The date the second judgement was given? When was this please?

2. Finally the amount that has been ordered you pay - how much is this please? That is all I should need to give you a detailed response.

Customer :

Hi Joshua.

Customer :

Can you answer without those two points you mention, as that information will possibly identify the the actual case. if this is not possible for you then please feel free to pass on this question,