29905560

Hello there, my query is as follows; I checked my bank statement

Hello there, my query is as follows; I checked my bank statement and I noticed that I have a standing debit from O2 taking about £30 a month out my bank this is because I used to have a contract with them about over a year ago and didn't realise that they were still charging me. Since I noticed this I cancelled it but I was wondering if I am eligible to get the money back that I have paid for but not actually had a contract phone as it adds up to be a significant amount. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did you formally cancel the contract?

Customer: Hi, I'm not sure( as it was a year ago ) most likely I didn't . My contract should of ran out a while ago . Would this affect me being able to get money back?
Ben Jones :

Well it would really depend on what the terms of your contract were, if for example it carried on on a rolling basis if not formally cancelled and if you had to formally cancel it if you did not wish for it to continue. Even if you did not use the services under the contract, if you did not cancel it as per the contract terms the provider would have just assumed that you wanted to continue with it and they can continue billing you until you cancel it as per the contract. So it is worth checking the agreement you had to see what your obligations under it were. There is of course nothing stopping you from contacting them anyway and asking for your money back, even making a complaint and taking it as far as you can with them, sometimes making a bit of noise can resolve the matter for you as they just want to keep customers happy.

Customer: Ok thank you Ben , you were very helpful.
Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/