75100385

Dear Solicitor, Thank you for looking into the protracted

Dear Solicitor,
Thank you for looking into the protracted matter of my buy to let Flat atXXXXXROMFORD RM11TJ. I bought that flat in November 2012, where it was in a very derelict and uninhabitable status due to continuous leak from the bathroom upstairs. There was a lot of humidity throughout the flat which needed de humidifier and also full re decorating including fixing a new roof in the bathroom and a new floor as both of them were gone due to the leak of water at a cost of £15000. At the time I was told by the contractor that this problem was due to leakage from water from the flat upstairs whenever they have a bath they splash water outside. The problem seems to have settled down after fixing by the council back in DEC 2012. The problem seemed to re surface again in August 2013 when the ex-tenant at the flat reported water leakage from upstairs which continued in spite of repeated complaints by me and Ms Lauren Hoy the letting agent from GBP who has been chasing on numerous times the London Borough of Havering Private sector housing department. Numerous contractor and eve surveyor been sent by the council with no avail. The flat upstairs is privately owned (ex –council property) and been let to the council. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that I lost the tenant in December 2013 due to the continuous leak of water And humidity. I was shocked and totally bewildered when I was told the leak continued by my contractor who inspected the property and suggested something to be done about the leak before the change of the roof of the bathroom. He also recommended to put some humidifier in the bathroom which was wet. I am really out of sorts now and put this complaint to my local councillor.
I wonder whether the council after l failing to fix the leak in 6 months will ever fix this problem .Who will eventually pay for the lost revenue from the flat (£950 per month)we are in the third month now.
I got fed up of waiting for the council and I am prepared to fix the damage directly by sending private contractors to the flat and not waiting for the council or insurance to fix the damage on my side but this is impossible while the leak continues.
Q1 Any advice??
Q2 How to find the appropriate solicitor locally to sue the council for damages and lost revenues??
Dr Dirar Khraishi
3 Burges Close
Emerson Park
Hornchurch RM!! 3PP
Tel XXXXXXXXXXX
Mob XXXXXXXXXXX

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Has a surveyor been out at all please?

Customer:

from the council not been told of finding

Alex Watts :

Have they said why it is taking so long?

Customer:

no but they have sent at least 5 different parys

Alex Watts :

Ok. You need to do several things:

Alex Watts :

1) Write to the Chief Officers office and complain about this. This department will look into the matter for you and tell you where things are and how long it will be before things are fixed

Alex Watts :

2) If they fail to fix this then your next step is to the Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They are independent of the Council and will examine your complaint for free.

Alex Watts :

Their website is: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

They will consider the complaint and report back to you.

Alex Watts :

3) If that fails then you can issue proceedings in the County Court.

Alex Watts :

You would be able to issue proceedings which you can do either online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 and sending it to the County Court.

Alex Watts :

But you should do options 1) and 2) first as these are free.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

does it really worth complaining to another department within the council knowing I had already complained to my local Councillor who has promised to investigate and come back to me for this matter.

Alex Watts :

Yes because they have a corporate complaints procedure.

Customer:

How to find a solicitor who can deal with this issue for me as I am sure it needs some specialized solicitor and the current solicitor i have is not keen on taking on the case at all as he is more of a conveyer

Alex Watts :

Yes you can search here:

Alex Watts :

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Customer:

Thank you very much

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/