Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

i would like to apply for term time contract. i work 24.5 hrs

Customer Question

i would like to apply for term time contract. i work 24.5 hrs a week mon-friday. customer services, job shared no lone responsibility everyone can do what i am doing whilst i am away.have had support from mother for the past 7 years to look after daughter 7 year old daughter and 5 yr old son. mother can no longer look after due to back problems. and hubby is self employed seasonal work that takes him away from home. need to work term time commitment to kids. i have 3 questions in my application.

1. what benefits can you see as a result of this working arrangement, e.g. business, customers, team and your personal circumstances?

2. please detail any operational issues you may foresee in agreeing to this working arrangement. please also detail, any suggestion you have for overcoming these issues.

3. please provide any additional information below that you wish to be considered in support of your applicaton
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest that you respond as follows:

1) I will remain committed to the business and customers as the new working arrangements will enable me to look after my children during school holidays as there is no one else to look after them.

2) there are no operational issues as far as I can see;

3) the new working arrangements will enable me to continue with my employment and provide a good work life balance to me and the benefits of this to me will eventually flow down to the business and customers.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can write the above. i was looking for a more professional response. its too basic. What i had written is higher then the response.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please cancel the question thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please cancel question thank you