How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was involved earlier on in a traffic accident involving a

Resolved Question:

I was involved earlier on in a traffic accident involving a cyclist. I've been told to fill out a traffic form tomorrow at the police station. Do I need legal representation and what should I expect?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question I will assist you with this.

Can you please provide more details in order that I may assist you appropriately. I.e the circumstances of the accident, whether the police attended, was the cyclist injured etc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was overtaking a cyclist but didn't leave enough room. The cyclist got hit and fell off his bike but refused to go to hospital. He stated that he landed on his left arm but didn't know how much damage was done. There were no police involved and the cyclist was able to move his arm ok.

Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
So did the police attend or have the cyclist reported this to the police and they have contacted you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I phoned both my car insurers and then the local police station to report it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

I see you have relisted this so I will try and help.

If you are filling out the form then you probably don't need legal representation.

If you are being interviewed then you will may well want legal representation.

If you did not leave enough room and someone was injured it sounds like may be careless driving.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you