75100385

Hi, I have a question regarding to the my credit report and

Hi, I have a question regarding to the my credit report and I am wondering if anyone can help?

Back in 2010, I have asked Orange the mobile company to cancel my monthly plan, however the plan was not cancelled and the monthly bills were accumulated for a few months. I was not living the prime address that the bills are send to and when I realised the unpaid bill, orange had already filed a default on my credit report.

I have written to the orange (now ee) custom service last year but I haven't heard from them.

I would like to know how should I take this case forward if I would like to get my credit report amended.

Zoe

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

When did you write to Orange/EE please?

Alex Watts :

Did you write to the Bristol address?

Customer: Sometime last year. I can find more details for you tomorrow.
Alex Watts :

No, dont worry.

Alex Watts :

This is what you need to do - send ANOTHER letter, making sure it is signed for or special delivery giving them 14 days to rectify or say you will go to Court.

Customer: It is affecting my mortgage application - I just realised today.
Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings.

Alex Watts :

You need to complete form N208

Alex Watts :

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n208-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

And you are asking the Court for an Order under Section 14 of the Data Protection Act 1998

Alex Watts :

This states:

Alex Watts :

"If a court is satisfied on the application of a data subject that personal data of which the applicant is the subject are inaccurate, the court may order the data controller to rectify, block, erase or destroy those data and any other personal data in respect of which he is the data controller and which contain an expression of opinion which appears to the court to be based on the inaccurate data."

Customer: Alright. If I don't hear from them in 14 days what do I need to do then?
Alex Watts :

The Court can the ORDER that Orange/EE notify credit reference agencies delete, rectify or delete the data.

Alex Watts :

If you do not hear you just issue proceedings

Alex Watts :

Customer: Thank you very much.
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: Would you be able to help me with this matter, such as drifting the letters etc. I am happy to pay the fee.
Alex Watts :

Sadly I am not permitted to be instructed - its against site rules

Customer: I see. Thank you for your advice.
Alex Watts :

All the best Zoe