12826847

if road resurfacing had been done and it was single yellow

if road resurfacing had been done and it was single yellow lines before and changed to doubles and the time plate is there
is it still ok to park

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer of this fine please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tunbridge wells borough council the time plate says no parking between 8am and 6 pm the ticket was issused at 18:27 tonight the resurfacing took place about a week ago

The short answer is that it may be.

Obviously you should always presume that road markings are accurate. If these are now double yellow lines then that would mean no parking at any time.

However, the issue isn't the road markings but whether or not the force of law behind them.

You need to ask the Council to send you a copy of the traffic management order for the relevant location. If there has been variation of that to allow for double yellow lines at this place then they are enforceable. If not, then the correct prohibition is a single yellow line so you would have a defence

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.