Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I need help contacting my old company to claim shares that

Customer Question

I need help contacting my old company to claim shares that were given to me during my tenure for which I no longer have paper work. The company or someone should have digital records of my ownership.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Is this a plc company or a privately traded company please?

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

It is a public company in the united states

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

I am uk citizen based in uk

Joshua :

Thanks. Do you know on what exchange the company trades?

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

No I don't. Twitter Incorporated

Joshua :

Thanks - this is the well known messaging company?

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

yes

Joshua :

Thanks. If you could just bear with me for a few moments...

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

Ok

Joshua :

Could you tell me if the shares were issued prior to their floating shares on the stock exchange this was in November last year?

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

One moment please

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

It was in the summer of 2011

Joshua :

Thanks. Computershare act as Twitters share registrar and will be able to assist with obtain a duplicates of your share certificates. You will need to provide them with your full name, date of birth and address at the time the shares were issued. There is usually a modest fee to issue duplicate share certificates if the originals have been lost. The registrars contact details are below.

Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
250 Royall Street
Canton, MA 02021
+1 (781) 575-4238
http://www.computershare.com/investor

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you any further?

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

Thank you. Yes please one more thing. By shares does this also mean "Stock options"? If not what are they

Joshua :

A stock option is usually a provision in your contract of employment that gives you an option to take stock (shares) at some form of preferential rate at certain points of your employment. The options can be many an varied but usually all share a similar feature that they allow the person with the option to acquire shares at preferential rates from anything from a discount to free of charge.

Joshua :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

That's all thank you for assisting me

Joshua :

A pleasure. I hope you are successful in tracking down your shares.

Joshua :

If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with though please reply back to me though.

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

Ok

Joshua :

JACUSTOMER-91fi2vjz- :

The shares are (ESO) employee stock options and forfeit with contract termination. The Solicitor did not help me with "shares in my old company" and the information provided about Computershare is of no use.