13262538

Hello, my Divorce should be done by middle of May ,thing that

Hello, my Divorce should be done by middle of May ,thing that is starting to bother me a little is my husband's solicitor has asked him if she should write to me regarding our finances as she likes to have it all sorted and tied up around the same time as the absolute is through admittedly she has asked him to speak to me about it , but has yet he hadn't mentioned it. The problem is I work a part time job as a receptionist I don't earn a great deal I have been trying to get a second job would it be worth going for spouse allowance or can that drag it all on much longer and will it cost much in court , thank you
What financial settlement have you been offered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing at the moment, at the very beginning husband said 50/50 on savings and half the sale of the home but nothing in writing.

GILLIAN

Are you the Petitioner or the Respondent in the Divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm the respondent IV NOT fought this divorce as IV come to realise we don t have anything in common anymore only our children and grandchildren , WE SEEM to have got older and want different things

Gillian

Does your ex also have pensions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

our savings should be around £60,000. Only he says it's

Around £50.000. Plus half the house . NO HE DON'T have a pension. But what I'm concerned about also is he's solicitor applying that we have to have our finances sorted out before the Divorce date so it is all sorted at the same time is this so,.

Gillian

There is no necessity for the finances to be sorted prior to the Decree Absolute but it is better for YOU if at the very least it is already in progress
You need to offer to discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation (www.familymediationhepline.co.uk)
But if that fails then you need to issue an application for the finances to be dealt with using a Form A available here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form-a-eng.pdf
This will keep your claim on his pension open
You may be eligible for fee remission
the form is here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex160a-from-07-october-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details