12826847

I had an accident at work where when walking i missed my footing

Customer Question

I had an accident at work where when walking i missed my footing and broke a bone in my foot requiring an operation and six weeks in plaster. there is no blame to anyone but i will incur costs and loss of wages of approx £3200.
In my view as i am in the employ of the company working on their behalf at the time of this injury, they should pay for my care and costs arising from it.
They claim as they are not negligent, they have no liability in this matter are they correct.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

JACUSTOMER-5veest9z- :

hi ben

Ben Jones :

Unfortunately the company is correct - just because the accident occurred whilst you were working for them or on their premises does not make them liable to compensate you for any time off, treatment or other losses incurred as a result. You can only hold them liable if they were at fault for the accident, for example by being negligent. If it was really just an accident with no one to blame then you will have to meet any costs ourself or rely on whatever insurance may be in place, either one you have personally or if the employer has one that could cover it

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Hello Eric, please let me know if I have answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thank you