12826847

Can you please tell me about Sheffield crown court case number

Customer Question

Can you please tell me about Sheffield crown court case number XXXXX it was a preliminary hearing. what will happen next. The defendant was Dean Stenton. Thankyou

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Could you explain your situation a bit more please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A friend of mine, Dean Stenton, was appearing at Sheffield Crown Court today for a preliminary hearing on drugs related matters.As I am unable to contact him, I am trying to ascertain what the outcome was and what a preliminary hearing involves.

Are you asking me what happened at that hearing? Obviously I will not know that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I suppose i am trying to find out what a preliminary hearing is, does it involve pleas etc or is for setting bail or for setting full trial dates

A preliminary hearing is usually just a house keeping hearing effectively for cases that have been sent up directly from the Magistrates Court.

It used to be that you couldn't enter a plea at a Prelim hearing but the new rules do allow for it.

It considers things like the trial date, disclosure, usually outstanding defence case statements etc.

It won't consider bail as there is a different application route for bail.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/