75100385

I live in local authority property and only my name on rent

I live in local authority property and only my name on rent book but girlfriend and daughter live with me if I get a custodial sentence when I appear in court will girlfriend and daughter be able to carry on living in same property

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You need to check the terms and conditions.

Alex Watts :

It is unlikely that they can as a term will be that you spend the majority of your time there as a dwelling.

Alex Watts :

If you do not then you are breaching the terms and they could be served notice to leave.

Alex Watts :

So check the terms - but if you are in prison then it is not your principal home

Alex Watts :

I realise this may not be the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Your partner would do well checking with the Council as they may have a duty to rehouse in any event

Alex Watts :