75100385

My housemate and I have been served with a section 21 notice

My housemate and I have been served with a section 21 notice by the letting agency (rent was always paid on time - landlord wants property back), so we are having to forward our mail. However, some mail slips through the net and may be delivered to our old address, the letting agency manager has banned us from going to our old address to ask for any mail, that may be sent there in error. Does he have the legal right (within UK law) to make those demands?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

They can't stop you going to ask for it.

Alex Watts :

They have no right

Alex Watts :

If they want to stop you then they need a Court Order.

Alex Watts :

But unless they have this, you can go and ask for it

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you for providing this information, it is much appreciated because unscrupulous letting agencies will tell you all sorts of blarney and hope they'll get away with it unnoticed.