12826847

Am I as the householder or my house, black listed when I have

Am I as the householder or my house, black listed when I have received the debt today through the post and have paid the bill today. The letter came in my father's name and not mine. I have never been in dept before and worry about my credit standing.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

It is the person's name that appears on the credit history along with the address.

It is the name which is relevant and not the address. The endebed house is a bit of a myth.

If, however, you have the same name as your father then you will be tarred with the same brush by lenders I'm afraid entirely unfairly.

Lenders will sometimes link surnames together.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not got the same surname as my dad do you think that it would be alright if I ever require credit.

I think that it is unlikely that you would be linked then. Remember that not all companies register defaults on a persons credit file.

Your father can get credit report his by sending £2 to Experian with a covering letter asking for it.

At least then you will know what shows up. You might be worrying needlessly