12826847

Good evening My husband and I are expecting a baby. 15 years

Customer Question

Good evening
My husband and I are expecting a baby. 15 years ago before I met him, he committed a crime of indecent assault against a minor of 12. He immediately handed himself into the police and was punished accordingly. I met my husband 11 years ago and in the first year he told me about his past conviction. 7 years ago We wanted to start a family so we went to social services to ask for advice on two occasions. Because I was not pregnant they could advise me whether we would be allowed to have children or not.
I fell pregnant in august last year and informed social services after 8weeks. We have been working with social services and now I am six weeks from my due date. I come from a large family and have a 20 month old nephew and social services are saying that they have to inform my nephews parents of my husbands old conviction. Obviously, we do not want this secret to get out to my family and social services never said we would have to prove that he has had no unsupervised visits with my nephew. They dropped this on us on Monday and I am extremely upset and worried about revealing my husbands conviction. We have been nothing but honest and sincere with social services and now they are telling us that they are going to discloses my husbands past which would destroy the family. Is there any way to prevent this? Thank you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, we will wait. thank you!

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

What was the actual sentence for the offence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my husband did not go to prison for the offence but was not allowed contact with his daughter for a while but then was allowed supervised visits. the offence was not against his daughter

How old was he at the time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello unfortunately we needed an answer sooner than we got a response. Thank you anyway for your help. We have visited a solicitor who is an expert in these areas. Please can we get a refund for our Question? Thank you