12826847

I was arrested on May 11th for an alleged breach of the Peace

Customer Question

I was arrested on May 11th for an alleged breach of the Peace whilst under the influence of alcohol 9 &1/2 pints of Stella Artois had been consumed. The police doctor awoke me at 4am in the cells & questioned me despite being completely inebriated. I was transferred to Tameside Hospital the following morning & refused to go in voluntarily initially, but after considering that if they managed to section me I may be obliged to remain under secure arrest for longer so after 5 hours agreed to enter voluntarily. I was informed I would be assessed within 24 hours but no-one dealt with me for 4 nights & then I was releas 36 hours later after being advised to take 2mg of diazepam twice a day.

The same psychiatrist has been approached by my wife recently (Jan 27th 2014) after I insisted on a divorce as I had discovered my wife having an affair. I am diabetic type 2 & have a history of panic attacks & swallowing problems. She prescribed 50mg of Quetiapine per day to assist a delusional disorder I haven't got and which made my heart race, sent me to sleep throughout the month I took it & caused many of my diabetic symptoms to accelerate particularly deteriorating eye sight. I was forced to take the drug on threat of being arrested and placed in a secure facility. At not one point was my wife challenged regarding the alleged affair.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am concerned that my personal liberty is being removed because I do not suffer from a mental health condition, but no one is prepared to challenge my spouse regarding her denial of extra marital relations with another man.

The selection of medication actually causes massive problems for diabetes & as I haven't a delusional condition does nothing to affect the operation of my mind other than to cause drowsiness.

The other issue was the detention in a secure mental health unit when all I had done was get drunk & then no one reviewed my health for five days after admission & the only medication issued was diazepam 2mg twice a day.

Surely I have a right to separate without having to be challenged by a psychiatrist.

So what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no apparent route of redress for this unreasonable incarceration nor do I have the right to refuse the medication I am informed I must take. I do not have a mental illness and the medication injures me by attacking my diabetes.

I can only obtain any safeguard from the courts who have the authority to prevent medical personnel from wielding absolute power.

Is there any other interim measure that can applied?

When you say incarceration do you mean the fact of the arrest?

Who are you expecting to challenge your wife about the affair?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Incarceration being the time the hospital mental health unit kept me in a secure unit.

The psychiatrist appears unwilling to investigate the possibility of an affair between my wife & an unknown third party, but prefers to label me suffering from a delusion & prescribes mind altering anti psychotic drugs I must take.

Are you subject to S2 or S3?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. There appear to be other factors which cloud the situation. The relationship with my wife was strongly encouraged by a man who also claimed 12 years ago approximately that he had a half sister by the father he had never met. He pointed to this lady in the gym we both used & told me her Christian name was Elizabeth.

I have an excellent memory for faces & I believe the psychiatrist is this lady, but she claims not.

She has agreed her selection of Quetiapine was I'll advised for a diabetic & is insisting on my using Risperidone because tests confirm it is safe for diabetics to use & does not affect blood sugarlevels. The internet sites do not concur & claim Risperidone cause hyperglycamia. (Increase in blood sugar)

Ok.

So were you subject to S2 or S3?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where do I rate your answer?

You won't be able to do that until I answer.

Could you give me the information I asked for ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I entered voluntarily into hospital to avoid a section 2 internment but on the basis I would be seen in 24 hours - I wasn't seen for 4 nights - so it was in on Sunday 12th May 2013 & Thursday 16th May 2013 about midday before I was seen & I was advised 2mg of Diazepam would sort my mental health.

OK.

But did they impose a S2 while you were there?