12826847

i am a single parent,im in reciept of housing benifit and council

Customer Question

i am a single parent,im in reciept of housing benifit and council tax benifit and im on ESA...my son has has not long been awarded DLA as he has aspergers and my child tax credits have gone up as a result as well as the dla payments ....is this something i need to inform housing benifit of ? will it affect my housing benifit?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

You do need to tell the DWP of any changes to your circumstances. However, this will not affect your housing benefit. DLA is to pay for the cost of managing his disability.

Child tax credits is something they would consider but its not likely to reduce your benefits in anyway.

However, its best to inform them as then you are beyond reproach.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was under the impression that the dwp issue my esa and also issue dla and child tax credit ? do they not automatically know what im paid when they issue new benifits? thankyou

They do but you can never rely on them.

You always need to write in and send it recorded delivery to protect yourself from allegations that you have failed to disclose.

Its never wise to rely on them.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/