75100385

My 40 year old son is subject to an injunction order, applied

My 40 year old son is subject to an injunction order, applied for by his landlord, and issued by the county court on 31 January, This forbids him from engaging in certain types of antisocial behaviour in his rented flat and the block of flats, and from allowing or facilitating certain named individuals from entering the premises. Five named individuals are forbidden to behave in specified antisocial ways or to enter the flats.

On Tuesday the police were alerted that the order was being breached, my son was arrested, and yesterday was taken back to the county court. He is due to return there (the county court) next Wednesday. What sanctions are available to the court in the case of a breach of this kind of injunction order (which is apparently NOT the same as an Asbo)?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Its not the same as an ASBO as this is breach of a court order.
Alex Watts : The powers of the court for sanction include:
Alex Watts : Extending the order, verbal warning, financial penalty or custody.
Alex Watts : Those are the options available to the judge,
Alex Watts : This is considered contempt of court.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?