75100385

Hi, I want to open a mobile lap dancing exhibit. where the

Hi, I want to open a mobile lap dancing exhibit. where the client will pay to hire the coach for an hour or two. does it need a license, no alcohol will be sold, and no payment will be made on the coach for dances etc.

this is for the UK at festivals, stag nights hen nights etc.

thanks

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is it fixed or does it move from location to location please?
JACUSTOMER-4vubqsbd- :

JACUSTOMER-4vubqsbd- :

it moves from location to location, not fixed

Alex Watts :

How do they pay for dances?

Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

its by a application on their mobile, where they buy credit and then can use that credit on the bus. So no actual cash is exchanged hands, they have to deposit a certain amount of deposit before they get on and then they can draw down on that, dependent on how long they are on the bus, once it runs out they get off the bus.
we can work it two ways, whichever is the best. First they pay by the hour to get on, no actual restriction on number of dances, the second is a basic amount to get on and then they draw down on their credit while they are there.
does that make sense?

Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

You will need a licence because lap dancing is a controlled matter and regardless of whether or not cash changes hand, they are paying for it.

Alex Watts :

Therefore you will need a licence because this is for gain or reward.

Alex Watts :

It does not have to be cash, but clearly they have to pay for the dances so a licence will be needed.

Alex Watts :

This is in effect a sex establishment licence.

Alex Watts :

It makes no difference to the fact it is on a bus.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

If you the client is only paying for the bus and any entertainment on that bus is free, is it still classed the same?

Alex Watts :

Its not free though, is it.

Alex Watts :

They are paying for dances, even if via an app

Customer:

the entertainment is but the bus hire no.

Alex Watts :

But the entertainment is not free.

Alex Watts :

Its included in the price

Alex Watts :

The girls are not working for free

Customer:

yes this is correct

Alex Watts :

They buy credit and that is used on the bus - so that is the same as paying

Customer:

bit could we not say entertainment is free, or is this just not feasible?

Alex Watts :

But its not though.

Alex Watts :

You are likely to end up in Court - which will cost you a lot more

Customer:

So, if we have to get a licence, we would have to be licensed in every country we go to?

Customer:

sorry county

Alex Watts :

That you would probably need to check with the Local Authority concerned.

Alex Watts :

It may be that one licence is enough.

Alex Watts :

Or you may be required to have a temporary licence in each County.

Customer:

Who would I approach to find out about that

Alex Watts :

The Licencing Department of the Council

Alex Watts :

But I think it is more likely to be a temporary licence every time you go.

Alex Watts :

Or it may be a licence which permits x days in an area in a year

Alex Watts :

Customer:

I understand the temp license, 12 events per year not exceeding 24 hours

Customer:

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX else

Alex Watts :

Yes that may cover you.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience